By purchasing Assembly services for all Kids Play Equipment as advertised on Lifespan websites and www.lifespankids.com.au or through Authorised Lifespan resellers and marketing channels such as eBay, you (the customer) will be subject to the following terms and conditions laid out below:
1. All services provided will be a standard package as stated in the description unless requested as a custom solution.
2. Custom solutions will be charged at an extra cost which is specified on the assembly service item list. If the custom solution is not found on this list, please contact Lifespan for the price.
3. All payment must be received (and cleared) to Lifespan before Assembly services from our assembly providers can be performed. Should custom solutions become a requirement for the assembly service, the payment must be made and cleared to Lifespan before the service can be provided.
4. Normal installation hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. If installation is scheduled to start and/or will finish outside of these hours, an out of hours surcharge of $50 will be payable by the customer to Lifespan.
5. Lifespan’s assembly fee is based solely on appropriate scheduling and organizing of third-party assemblers to provide their assembly service to the customer. The assembly services referred to you are appropriately licensed however Lifespan does not bear any responsibility for their work and their contractual relationship will be directly with you the customer.
6. Cancellations need to be received at least 48 hours prior to the organized assembly and installation date. If the assembler or installers arrive at the premises without prior notice of cancellation a call out fee equivalent to one hour’s fee will be charged.
7. The customer must ensure availability for communication on details provided & scheduling flexibility in line with attending the assembler’s availability.
8. The customer must provide access to assembly site & room/s at agreed date & time of attendance, and the assembly site must be readied for assembly/installation which includes providing a clean & safe workplace with sufficient space and clearance for the assembler to work within.
Performing the Service
9. All units, items and accessories will be assembled and installed to the specification laid down in the manufacturer's instructions and as per Australian standards.
10. All items will be visually checked for signs of external damage only prior to and on the completion of the service.
11. Our assembly providers will use their best endeavours to perform the services on the dates agreed between our assembly providers and the customer, however these dates are agreed as estimates only and we will accept no liability in respect of any delay in meeting such dates or schedules.
12. Our assembly providers will leave the work area in the same state as when we arrived. All product packaging will be placed in one agreed location on the property, unless prior arrangements have been made to order a skip in which case our assembly providers will place all product packaging in a skip providing it is located within 4m of the property.
13. If additional work is requested by the customer this will be payable to Lifespan for either at the standard package price of that item or at the agreed hourly rate of $62 for an Assembler.
14. In the event of a delay to the installation resulting in unproductive time exceeding ¼ hour then the customer will pay for that time at the agreed hourly rate outlined above.
15. If during the installation the customer requests the installer to relocate some preinstalled items the cost of relocation will be determined by an hourly rate of $62 by the Assembler, and made payable to Lifespan by the customer.
Rectifying service & equipment issues
16. Any issues relating to the product should be directed to Lifespan for review. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange for the replacement of damaged or faulty goods.
17. Our assembly providers will undertake remedial work as a direct result of poor workmanship that is identified by the customer within 7 days of the date of the completion of the services.
Our liability to you
18. Lifespan excludes all liability in respect of any indirect or consequential loss, any loss of profit, use, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation or business contracts, claims brought against you by any third party, or any other form of pure economic loss whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence or otherwise).
19. Lifespan exclude all liability in respect of any loss, damage or liability of any kind suffered by you or any third party directly or indirectly caused by modifications, adjustment, repairs or remedial work carried out by you or third parties without our prior written approval.
20. Our total liability in respect to negligent damage to property is restricted to items being assembled or installed by us whilst in our care, custody & control.
21. The estimate of our fees has been calculated on the basis that we can exclude or limit liability as set out in this Agreement. You confirm that you will bear yourself (or insure against) any loss for which we have excluded or limited liability.
22. Nothing in this Agreement will operate to exclude or limit our liability to you or any third party in respect of our assembly providers’s negligence as covered by legislation in Australia or in the state in which the installation or assembly was performed.
24. This agreement is subject to the jurisdiction of the Victorian Courts.